Crown molding is one of the most important aspects of any room and can add an air of beauty and elegance. It has been around for centuries, and design professionals believe elaborate crown molding will be an elegant addition to any room for many years to come. LA Clave Home Improvements specializes in crown molding in Freeport NY. We will design and install your crown molding, making your room the pinnacle of elegance. Crown molding is an interior or exterior design feature that caps or crowns the top of your wall, railing, window, or the bottom of your small room. It can be modern and simple or elaborate and decorative. For today’s blog, let’s discuss why crown molding is the pinnacle of elegance.
Most Popular Type Of Crown Molding Materials: Crown Molding In Freeport NY
- Plastic or PVC—Although this crown molding material has limited design potential, it is ideal for those rooms or exteriors where moisture collects.
- Wood—This particular crown molding material is ideal for any room but doesn’t respond well to humid conditions. Pine is the more common wood used because it is inexpensive and easy to cut and carve.
On the other hand, Oak and Mahogany stain attractively, bringing warmth to a room.
- Plaster Coated Foam – One of the most inexpensive crown molding materials on the market today, plaster coasted foam crown molding is durable, easy to work with, and resists cracking.
- Polyurethane Foam – Polyurethane crown molding is excellent for most rooms. This less expensive material is more rot and insect resistant than wood but cuts and carves like pine. However, this material is prone to dents.
The shape and design, also known as the profile, of the crown molding you choose will depend on many factors. For instance, the room’s purpose and size. However, other factors include how it matches the room’s base trim and the height of your ceilings.
While there are many crown molding profiles, our top profiles include:
- Stair-shaped Profile—A stair-shaped profile is made of strips of solid material that form a crown reminiscent of a 1920s contemporary interior.
- Ornamental Profile – An ornamental profile is flexible and designed with spherical type curves that form a clear dark line.
- Colonial Style Garland Profile—This attention-grabbing classical profile consists of a flowering vine pattern tucked aptly underneath an undulating crown.
- Classical Casting Profile—In the true Greek and Roman traditions, this profile has a combination of leaves and egg-dart designs. It will give your room a classic look you desire.
- Colonial Style Profile—This traditionally common crown molding profile is simple yet elegant and was designed during a colonial period when wood was plentiful.
- Contemporary Profile—This distinctive profile, designed with simple strips of material, is a charming upgrade to the interior of your room.
- Victorian Profile—This big and bold profile became popular in the late 19th century. It is designed with dentils and classic acanthus leaves.
We will focus on maintaining the architectural styles and beauty of your home and the surrounding community. We are poised to provide you with unrivaled customer service by incorporating the latest technologies. Our team of certified professionals is committed to furnishing efficient, impressive, affordable services. Many designers and home improvement specialists recommend installing crown molding in the more centralized part of the house. As a matter of fact, crown moldings should be used in large spaces such as living rooms, dining rooms, and libraries. While smaller rooms require smaller crown molding, it may not be ideal over windows or doors.
How Will Crown Molding Add Distinctive Style?
Crown molding will add a distinctive style and flair to your living room. It attracts attention to the ceilings and walls and exposes the room’s architectural elements. The crown molding will separate your living room ceiling from other ceilings and keep everything flowing.
Dining rooms are where people gather to eat, drink, and be merry. There are various molding profiles to choose from that will add a measure of elegance and sophistication to the room. And when the crown molding installation is complete, it will be sure to wow your guests.
Crown molding can be used to separate the walls and ceilings of the room from the rest of the house. We have also used family room crown molding to accentuate a fireplace’s top and bottom edges.
Kitchens are one of the highest traffic areas of the house. It tends to be the room everyone migrates to during family and friend get-togethers. That distinctive type of crown molding will highlight your cabinets and give your kitchen a warm, clean feel.
While many design experts and home improvement contractors recommend adding crown molding to rooms other than the bedroom, we think that it’s an excellent way to raise its sophistication. It also brings attention to the central highlights of otherwise casual spaces.
Like kitchens, bathrooms are high-traffic areas and a popular location for crown moldings. A simple classical or contemporary crown molding profile can bring life to these private spaces. Adding crown molding to any room in your house has never been easier. La Clave Home Improvement is here to help remodel your home with visually appealing, transformative contemporary and classical designs.
Accentuate Your Home’s Aesthetics With Crown Molding In Freeport NY
Our designers pay meticulous attention to details, in hopes of bringing your visions to life. Let La Clave Improvements handle all of your remodeling projects. To get started, contact us today!